This no-cook meal is as delicious as it is beautiful. Super quick to prepare, it offers an intriguing blend of flavours and textures and is light yet satisfying. It’s ideal if you use the best quality smoked salmon you can get your hands on, although the frozen supermarket stuff works just fine too. Add some baguette and perhaps a bottle of wine, and this is a dinner party worthy meal.
8 ounces (225 grams) smoked salmon
6 cup mixed greens
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup chèvre
2 tablespoons capers
4 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon
coarse sea salt
freshly ground pepper
- Wash and dry greens; chop if leaves are large. Divide among four plates.
- With your fingers, break salmon into one inch pieces and divide among the four plates of greens.
- Sprinkle strawberries, chèvre and capers over salmon and greens. Top with fresh dill.
- Whisk maple syrup and Dijon together; drizzle over each plate.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.