A party-perfect dish ready in 5 minutes!
I love this dip because it takes just minutes to assemble and can even be prepared up to 48 hours ahead of time before baking. More importantly, it’s packed with flavour and goodness! Sure, there’s lots of cheese, but there are also tons of nutritious vegetables packed in here too. It’s a great way to use up leftover roasted meat – or even sliced deli meat, in a pinch – but you can also swap in cooked ground turkey, chicken or beef if you prefer OR make it meatless as well! Just like this scrumptious bacon cheeseburger dip, it’s great for feeding a crowd at a party, but makes a super easy weeknight dinner as well.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red enchilada or taco sauce
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, diced (separate the white and green parts)
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped cooked beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) each salt, pepper and ground cumin
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Tex-Mex (nacho blend) cheese (or mozzarella)
- lime wedges and tortilla chips, for serving
- Put cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl. Gently warm in microwave on medium power for about 30 seconds, until cream cheese is softened.
- Add enchilada sauce to cream cheese and stir to blend well.
- Add green pepper, white parts of diced green onions, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, meat, and spices. Stir to blend well.
- Add cheese and stir once more.
- Transfer mixture into four two-cup oven safe ramekins, or one larger casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F until the entire dish is bubbling (about 20 minutes for smaller size; 25 – 30 minutes for larger). Sprinkle top with green parts of diced green onions and serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Makes 4 generous meal-sized servings or serves 8 as an appetizer.
This original recipe (created by me) first appeared at ymc.ca.