My favourite way to enjoy leftover roast chicken!
I usually make this salad with leftover meat, but you can also bake or poach a chicken breast for this dish. I love the contrasting colours and textures in this salad and the curry just makes it a bit more interesting. Feel free to add in any fruits or vegetables you have on hand. I like to eat it ‘as is’ but it’s also delicious tucked into fresh pita bread.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded chicken
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecans or walnuts
- Combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, curry powder and salt & pepper in a small bowl. Stir vigorously until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and green onions.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir gently until everything is evenly coated with dressing.
- Add pecans and stir once more.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours or serve immediately.