This is my favourite way to eat leftover roast chicken (but only once there’s no more gravy to be had, of course). You can also bake or poach a chicken breast for this dish. I love the contrasting colours and textures in this salad and the curry just makes it a bit more interesting. Feel free to add in any fruits or vegetables you have on hand. I like to eat it ‘as is’ but it’s also delicious tucked into fresh pita bread.
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
1.5 cups shredded chicken
1 apple, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 green onion, minced
½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- Combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, curry powder and salt & pepper in a small bowl. Stir vigorously until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery and green onions.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir gently until everything is evenly coated with dressing.
- Add pecans and stir once more.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours or serve immediately.