A fast, delicious and nutritious meal!
I confess I was a little late to jump on the spiralizing bandwagon when it first took off about 8 years ago but I am here to say that I am fully on board now. One of the most popular recipes on this site is my raw zucchini noodles with peanut sauce and I mused the other day that spiralized and sautéed sweet potatoes would likely benefit from the same treatment. After testing and tasting, I can confirm that they are just as good, if not better. And if you have peanut allergies to contend with, rest assured the cashew version is just as delicious. One more tip: make a double batch so you can enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized or grated (to yield 6 cups/420 g)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons (32 g) peanut butter or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons very finely minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sambal Oelek or sriracha, to taste
- 5 teaspoons (25 mL) freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Chopped peanuts or cashews and slivered green onions, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet placed over medium heat. Add spiralized sweet potato and sauté for 5 minutes, tossing regularly with tongs or two forks, until slightly softened. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan then cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until sweet potato noodles are softened.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place peanut butter in a small bowl. Pour boiling water over top and whisk to blend. Add soy sauce, sugar, ginger, Sambal Oelek and lime juice; whisk again. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Once noodles are tender, pour peanut sauce into pan and toss to coat. Transfer noodles and sauce to two bowls and garnish; serve warm.
Makes 2 servings.
Wow! Looking delicious. Thank you 🙏
You are most welcome!
Great recipe! I was late on the bandwagon too, but it’s just fun.
It is fun – I find I can get my husband to eat even more vegetables when spiralized! 🙂
I tried this today! Delicious!!! I haven’t spiraled in a while. We all went for seconds. Thanks!
Geri in Nova Scotia 😋
Yay! Thanks very much h for letting me know and I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe!