A healthy yet appealing snack for kids of all ages!
Scanning the supermarket aisles these days, it’s tricky to find snack foods that appeal to kids but aren’t off the charts for salt, sugar or fat. This is a quick recipe that delivers a great chocolate flavour in a lighter format that tastes so good, kids won’t even realize it’s a healthy option. I love to serve it up with a variety of fresh fruit, so children can choose their favourites. Even if you’re serving toddlers, take a moment to present a new recipe in a pretty format as we all eat with our eyes first and are drawn to food that looks attractive. Good luck keeping the adults away from this yummy, kid-friendly treat!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) vanilla
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Cocoa Camino brand)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder until well blended.
- Transfer to a colourful small serving bowl.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top (if desired).
- Serve with strawberries, sliced bananas, pineapple pieces or whatever fresh fruit your kids enjoy.