A decadently delightful sweet treat!
I am an ardent and unwavering fan of brownies but unfortunately my husband does not share my love of chocolate. As a result, I am constantly thinking up new treats to satisfy his sweet tooth and he proclaimed these delicious squares one of my best ever creations. They freeze well, if you want to reduce the temptation to eat them all in a day or two. I do recommend cutting them in small squares as they are quite rich.
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter, melted
- 2 cups (440 g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (125 g) toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups (270 g) butterscotch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 inch (22.5×32.5 cm) baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl (use a stand mixer if you have one), combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add this mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until it is completely incorporated.
- Stir in nuts and baking chips then spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until set in the centre and edges have begun to crack. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack then cut into squares.
Makes one large pan.
A good recipe to have in the notebook!
I think I would choose these over chocolate any day of the week.
I would choose both haha!