A delicious and easy sheet pan meal!
When my summertime garden is in peak production mode, I roast vegetables regularly and use them in all sorts of dishes including soups, stews, casseroles and more. It had never occurred to me until recently that placing fillets of fish on top and roasting them as well would make for such a simple yet tasty meal. It’s in the regular rotation now!
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cod fillets (thawed if frozen)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Put prepared vegetables on a parchment lined sheet pan. Combine balsamic, olive oil, basil and a few grinds of salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight lid; shake to blend well. Drizzle about 2/3 of the mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast vegetables for 10 minutes; toss gently then place cod fillets on top of vegetables and drizzle remaining balsamic mixture over fish.
- Roast for 10 – 12 minutes more, until fish flakes easily with a fork or reaches an internal temperature of 145F.
- Divide vegetables among two serving plates or broad bowls and place fish on top. Spoon pan juices over fish and serve warm, with lemon wedges.
Serves 2; recipe can easily be multiplied.