A delicious garnish or snack!
I love how traditional granola has undergone a renaissance and is now considered mainstream breakfast fare. I make a big batch of my breakfast granola recipe every few weeks and it fuels my family well for busy days. This savoury granola is just as appealing – packed with flavour and crunch, it’s an ideal garnish for soups, salads, roasted vegetables, avocado toast … the sky’s the limit when it comes to this delicious treat. It’s another unique, easy to prepare item that would make a great gift, too!
- 1/2 cup (45 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped cashews or walnuts
- 1/2 cup (65 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.4 g) each smoked paprika, chili powder, black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine oats, nuts, seeds and spices in a small bowl then drizzle oil and maple syrup over top; toss to combine.
- Transfer granola to a prepared baking sheet and spread mixture out in an even layer. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 1 1/2 cups (180 g); recipe can easily be multiplied.
Very much like the idea of savory. Most granola is too sweet for me.
I love the spices in this one!