A low-calorie cocktail that doesn’t skimp on flavour!
Summertime is finally here and I just want to eat all the fruit and vegetables in the world. I crave things that are light and refreshing when it’s hot outside, and that includes lighter cocktails. This version of the ever so popular Piña colada is fantastic, and simple to make. You’ll want a heavy duty blender (I love my Vitamix for this) because the frozen pineapple pieces are absolutely rock hard. One of the things I love about this low-cal recipe is that it doesn’t have any ice in it, so the flavour of the drink doesn’t get diluted as you sip it.
- 2/3 cup chilled, unsweetened coconut water
- 6 – 8 tbsp chilled premium rum *
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
* my new favourite is Noxx & Dunn’s 2-4-5 Florida Rum, now available at the LCBO. It has a really fantastic flavour that’s perfect for this cocktail!
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until frothy and smooth.
Makes 2 delicious, refreshing cocktails.