A delicious winter warmer!
It’s like coffee and hot chocolate met, fell in love and got married. Reminiscent of those expensive seasonal beverages featured at just about every coffee shop on the planet, this drink is simple to prepare and truly tasty. Needless to say, a shot of your favourite liqueur would be a great enhancement for a more ‘adult’ version of this delicious treat.
- 1/3 cup (90 mL) white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) espresso powder (available at most large grocery stores)
- whipped cream, to garnish
- Put chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Heat over medium power in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted and smooth (about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Pour milk into a microwave-safe jug and heat over high power until steaming and very hot (about 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle espresso powder over the melted chocolate and stir, then add hot milk and beat with an electric mixer until frothy and well blended.
- Pour into two mugs and top with whipped cream.