Decadent drink and dessert all in one!
I still remember the first time I tasted a White Russian cocktail. A fellow server at the bar where I worked during University ordered one when she was off-shift and encouraged me (normally not a cocktail drinker) to taste it. I was instantly smitten by its boozy, creamy deliciousness and every few years or so, I order one just to remind me of those long-ago days. Recently, I was thinking about fun summertime desserts and milkshakes came to mind. One thing led to another and this fantastic White Russian milkshake was born.
- 1 cup (250 mL) good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Kahula (or other chocolate/coffee liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vodka
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) shaved chocolate, for garnish
- Chill a stemmed glass (parfait glasses are ideal but a wine glass will do as well) in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Put ice cream, Kahlua and vodka in blender (or a large glass measure if using a stick blender) and pulse until creamy. If the mixture is thicker than you like, add a tablespoon or two of milk and blend again until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour into chilled glass and top with a small scoop of ice cream followed by shaved chocolate (the ice cream on top will give the milkshake a pretty appearance as you serve it).
Makes 1 milkshake.