This no-cook chocolate pudding is super creamy and rich thanks to the avocados. It’s got so much flavour that people likely won’t even realize that it’s also really healthy! Gluten-free, vegan and lactose-free, it’s a versatile base for lots of different dessert options. I like to sprinkle it with a little sea salt and some toasted coconut chips; you could also layer it with whipped cream or use drained, whipped coconut milk for a vegan/lactose-free parfait. Sprinkle it with raspberries or sliced strawberries and it’ll be positively elegant.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) honey
- 1.5 teaspoons (7 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) sea salt *
- toasted coconut (chips or flakes)
- fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries (optional)
* if not using as a garnish, then mix in with avocados, cocoa, honey and vanilla
- Puree avocados, cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth. I don’t recommend using a stick blender as the mixture is too thick.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to a storage container with a tight lid and refrigerate. This pudding is very good at room temperature but even more delicious when chilled for 1 – 24 hours.
- To serve, spoon into serving dishes and sprinkle pudding with toasted coconut chips and good sea salt (if you haven’t already blended the salt in). If desired, garnish with berries.
Makes 4 servings; can easily be doubled or tripled (depending upon the size of your blender/food processor).